Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Water and Ice Play

Today we did an easy to throw together activity in the backyard. It was a very beautiful, sunny day, and the boys and I felt like being a little lazy. Okay fine, it was just me... but it's my birthday, so I think I can be a little lazy :) 

Supplies: bin of water, food colouring, ice, outdoor water safe toys


Monkey chose the yellow food colouring and helped me fill the bin using the hose. Then we dumped all the ice cubes from our freezer ice bucket right in! 

This activity could easily be done indoors as well, either wth a large towel underneath, or even in the bathtub. 

Monkey started playing and since it's a pretty independent activity, I got to relax in the sunshine. 




The ice cubes melted pretty fast, but Monkey kept playing in the water bucket anyway. 

Later today after dinner, Peanut got his own solo time with the water bin. 



It's so interesting to watch him, especially when his big brother isn't there. He's much more apprehensive still and doesn't even really like getting his hands wet. 


Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment