Monday, May 16, 2016

Painting Rocks with Water

Today I did an activity with Monkey that I put out multiple times a year in my Kinder class. It's easy to set up but very entertaining. 

Supplies: rocks, water, paintbrushes 


I set the rocks out on a baking tray because it helps contain the water. 

This is a very open ended invitation to play. I didn't give Monkey any directions, I just told him to sit at the table and go! Kids are always so intrigued by natural objects, they really can't help but be curious and explore them. 



Monkey loved doing the first stroke on each rock and observing whether it changed colour or just looked wet. 



This kept Monkey entertained for more than a half an hour - for a mom, that's forever!! He did get a little frustrated because he couldn't finish painting all the rocks fast enough before they started drying, but he still loved this activity.

 

As always, this activity was a huge hit. Monkey has asked to do it every day this week. 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment