Friday, January 29, 2016

Stamping Numbers

Here's a minimal prep number activity that uses stamps. It's similar to one we've done before using stickers. 

Supplies: paper or cardstock, stamps


I cut the cardstock into ten strips and wrote the numbers 1-10 on them. 


The I mixed them all up and laid them out for Monkey with the stamps.


Being my son, Monkey insisted on doing the numbers in order - I mixed them up on purpose for this reason but he wanted to do them the right way. 

As he picked up each strip to stamp, I encouraged him to say the number and then count aloud as he stamped. 


He made one mistake and put five stamps on the number four card, and he was a little upset about it. But we just flipped it over and tried again, and the second time he did it right. Mistakes just mean you are learning, my little Monkey!


He did this activity fairly independently. If we ever did it again, the only change I would make would be to make the strips have a ten frame on them so that Monkey could track how many stamps he had already made a little more easily, especially for the bigger numbers. 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment