Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Name Snowman

This activity is a combination of art and name practice. 

Supplies: construction paper, glue, markers, something round to trace 


To get this ready for Monkey, I used the plastic lid to trace some snowballs from the white paper. I made five for the letters in Monkey's name plus one for the snowman's head. 

I also cut out a top hat, eyes, a carrot nose, a mouth, stick arms, and mittens. 


Monkey wasn't interested in cutting anything out, which was okay with me. The purpose of this activity was more on printing his name than on the art.

Monkey grabbed the glue stick and started putting the snowman's face together. 


He named the snowman Olaf, of course, and it was his idea to make the nose stick out straight. Good thinking, Monkey! 


Once the face was finished, we glued the rest of the snowballs together and added the arms and mittens. 


Next, I used a yellow marker to write Monkey's name, one letter on each snowball. I use a yellow marker (or highlighter) instead of doing dots or dashes because I find that it is more helpful to a child to see the whole letter represented. 


Then Monkey used a blue marker to trace over his name. 


Now we've got a beautiful Olaf hanging on the wall!

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment