Monday, October 19, 2015

Painting Pumpkins

Here's a great seasonally inspired, minimal set up activity. You can even start this with a trip to the pumpkin patch! 

These little pumpkins were 3/$2 so we picked up a few. I knew they would be the perfect size for Monkey to do some activities with. 

This activity is painting the pumpkins. Simple really, but it's always new and interesting to paint on a different surface than paper, and in this case, three dimensional. 

Supplies: paint, paintbrushes, pumpkins


Monkey is all about helping. He wants to do everything by himself and help with any job he can. Today he wanted to help squeeze the paint into our paint tray. I am trying to let him help if he wants to instead of saying no all the time. So I reminded myself that it's just paint and it can be cleaned up and I let him help. 


He was so proud and didn't make a mess at all - which I shouldn't be surprised about because he generally does like being neat and clean like his mommy. 


Once we had everything organized, we got painting! I wasn't planning on painting but Monkey chose a pumpkin for me, how could I say no?



I think they turned out great!


Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment