Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Markers on a Mirror

Just like yesterday, here's an activity with virtually zero set up. I love that because it means less work and even if Monkey only plays for a few minutes it's still worth the effort. 

Mirrors are a fun medium for kids to work with. They allow for a neat 3D sort of effect with the reflection. It adds another dimension to what you're doing. And I find that most kids like to look at themselves, too!

Supplies: dry erase markers, eraser, mirror


I have a large mirror (from school) but this would work just as well with a smaller mirror. 

Monkey was a little hesitant to get started. It is certainly a little different and I do usually reinforce that he only draws on paper or his easel. But once I took the lid off a marker and gave it to him, he was hooked. 


He mostly did a lot of scribbling. I'm trying to encourage him to start drawing pictures of objects or people but he just wants me to draw them for him, which means he's probably not ready yet. 

He did practice writing his name - he can do the first letter by himself now, yay!! - but I won't show that. 

If he made a mistake or wanted to try something new, he just used the eraser. 


I find that the eraser takes away all the colour but it does leave behind a bit of  residue. Glass cleaner usually does the trick with that (or nail polish remover is really good too, especially on surfaces other than glass or dry erase boards). 

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment