Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Autumn Leaf Art

On the Thanksgving long weekend we spent some time up at the cottage. The trees were all brightly coloured and lots of leaves had already fallen to the ground. We took a little walk down the road and collected some leaves to use for an art project.

I got the idea from @busytoddler on Instagram. 

Supplies: leaves, paper, markers, glue


I started by drawing a tree trunk and branches on the paper. I wish I could have printed something of the internet but I wanted it to be bigger than 8x11. So here is my extremely sad drawing of a tree in autumn. 


Of course Monkey said, "Wow Mommy!" At least I can still impress him... for now. 

Monkey was super excited to get to use the glue again. We quickly talked about where he should glue the leaves, since we had picked them up off the ground and we were doing autumn art. Then he got to work. 


There isn't too much to this activity, it's really just some gluing practice, but it's nice to have the natural material from the outdoors to work with. 


Monkey was very thoughtful about where to put each leaf.


Despite my awful tree trunk I think it turned out pretty cute!

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment