Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Playdough

Monkey plays with good old playdough about once a week. He would do it more often but I find that if it's more of a special activity (as opposed to one that is always available) then his play is richer and it keeps his focus and attention for a much longer time. At school I usually make homemade playdough (or parents send it in) and I have been wanting to do that with Monkey, but he has quite a few tubs that he got as gifts so we are using those first. Homemade playdough is very easy to make and you can make it seasonally appropriate using glitter, food colouring, and different scents. One day we'll get to that. For now, here is my Halloween playdough activity!

Supplies: playdough, straws, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, playdough tools


I laid everything out in the table for Monkey. He was interested but I could tell he wasn't really sure what to do. Usually when he plays with play dough he has a specific set of toys and tools that he uses. Now for the first time I've given him something different. So I stuck a few things in to show him that is was okay. 

 
As you can see he jumped right in after that. A little reassurance was all he wanted from me. 



He enjoyed making these monsters. Whenever a creature has more than two eyes he just loves it. 

Happy Halloween!

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment