Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Painting with Dinosaurs

I'm sure I've said this before, but this time I really mean it...

This art activity is Monkey's favourite ever, hands down!! And it's super simple! 

Supplies: paint, large paint trays, butcher paper, dinosaurs


We just picked up the dinosaurs last week in a dinosaur world kit from Walmart and Monkey has been consistently playing them ever since. When I randomly came across the idea to paint with the dinosaurs feet, I knew we had to do it right away. 


To get set up, I taped a piece of butcher paper to the table and set out all the dinosaurs. Then I put some paint on the yogurt lids and spread it all out so that the dinosaurs would get paint on all their feet. 


Monkey grabbed a dinosaur and dove in right away. 



Monkey had a lot of fun.



He started by just having the dinosaurs walk across the paper, but then discovered that they would also slide. 


Before long the dinosaurs were having all sorts of adventures. 


This art is definitely all process. The end product is neat to look at but not the point of the activity. 


Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment