Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tinfoil Starfish

Okay we did another art activity for our ocean mural. I figure it's going to take a while to do all creatures I have in mind. 


Since we had already done fish earlier (see the Bubble Wrap Fish Print post) I decided to do a seahorse instead. 

Supplies: tin foil, seahorse template, card stock, Sharpies


The first thing I did was print off and cut out the seahorse template. Then I traced it onto the card stock and cut that out. 

Next, I covered the seahorse in tin foil. This was tricky - doing a fish like the link above would be much easier. I would definitely stick to an easier shape to work with for next time!


Once the tin foil was done, I let Monkey get to work! He's been eyeing my pack of Sharpies the last few times I've had it out and I knew he'd be excited to get to try them out! I took off his clothes and covered him up with a painting smock - better safe than sorry!!


He wanted to do the whole seahorse in one colour but I convinced him to do a few. He wasn't super interested in this activity, but I tried not to push it. 


It's always fun to use tin foil for art, it's so shiny and reflective. 


I think it looks great!

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment