Monday, July 13, 2015

Chalk Alphabet Bugs

It's been a while since my last post - we've been busy! We had some time off and then we all got sick :( But now I'm back! 

The weather here has been incredible over the past few weeks. We've been spending a lot of time in the backyard and at the park. I thought today we'd take our alphabet activity outside. 


Supplies: sidewalk chalk, spray bottle


I took a few minutes while Peanut was sleeping and Monkey was having his snack to set this activity up. I wanted to do bugs like I saw in the blog above since I knew Monkey would like that, and because they're pretty easy to draw. But there are so many other options if your kids don't like bugs. 


I did lowercase letters because Monkey already knows the uppercase ones but is still learning the trickier lowercase ones. I also did the bugs in all different colors so that I would be able give Monkey a hint when we were doing the activity.

I brought Monkey outside to get started. He thought the bugs were so cool. He was jumping all over them. 

I gave him the spray bottle and we got started on the alphabet. He loved spraying the bugs - "I'm gonna get you bug!" 


He ended up needing more help than I thought. I'm really glad I did the bugs in all different colours so that I could tell him which colour big he was looking for to find the next letter. 


We finished up the alphabet together. I think we can do this activity again because Monkey really liked it. Maybe I could draw clouds or flowers instead, or do numbers instead of letters. If you did bigger bugs you could even do words for older kids. 

Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment