Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fork Tulip Painting

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mothers. Today we did some very special art for Monkey's grandmother. Her favourite flowers are tulips so I remembered this painting technique I had done with my class last year and knew it would be perfect.

Supplies: paint, construction paper, markers, forks


Despite the fact that his grandmother's favourite colour is red, Monkey insisted that we use blue paper. We used disposable forks because we had some in the house. Otherwise I would have used regular metal ones because the paint washes off metal very easily. 


The idea for this activity is that you press the bottom part of the fork in the paint and then onto the paper. 


If you do a bit of a roll with the fork you'll even get a rounded bottom which looks like a beautiful tulip. You can see Monkey trying to do that in the picture below, but it didn't really work. The forks we used had a bit of an edge on them and weren't completely flat. 


But they still turned out nice!


After the tulips dried, I added some grass at the bottom as well as stems and leaves. You could do this with paint but I wanted to use markers because I thought it would be easier for Monkey... he didn't help me anyway though. I also wrote the message. Monkey's not quite ready for that yet, although he's getting pretty good at the first letter of his name!


Of course she loved it!!

Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment