Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Stop Motion Movies

I have always been a big fan of stop motion movies. I love how they are such a unique combination of pictures and a movie together. My husband and I have a pretty neat one of us doing a puzzle together, and we've also done one of Christmas dinner. I was curious to see if Monkey would be interested in making one with me.

Supplies: Stop Motion Studio app (or any that will work for you), toys, puzzles, whatever you want to use for your movie

Using the app, making a stop motion movie is really easy. Basically, you just need to take a whole bunch of pictures. In between each picture, slightly move or change whatever objects are in the movie. Do this over and over again, and then let the program turn it into a movie. 

We started by doing a movie with Monkey's cars. He moved the cars and took all the pictures. I held the camera in place.


He wasn't completely thrilled with the process or result of this, even doing it with his racers. So I gave it a rest for a few hours and then tried a different sort of video.

I sat up on a stool and took the pictures while Monkey worked on the puzzle. This ended up working much better than with his cars. He was more excited about the whole process.



I think I will revisit stop motion with Monkey when he is a little bit older and is in a stage where he can independently make up a story with his toys. Despite his initial lack of enthusiasm, I still think these movies were a success!

Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment