Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Dropping Balls in Tubes

It's time for another activity for Peanut! I've noticed over the past month or so that he's really enjoying any toys that let him drop things into holes. He's also been enjoying putting toys into the central vac hookups in the hallway and pushing cars through the banister so that they fall down to the main floor... So I thought it might be time to channel his energy :)

Supplies: paper towel rolls, small balls, painter's tape 


I found these balls at the dollar store and they are perfect because they are small enough to fit in the paper towel rolls but too big to fit in Peanut's mouth. I think. He does have a big mouth. I wonder who he got it from? Well, the point is, the balls have little holes in them so even if he puts them in his mouth, I'm not worried. 

I taped the tubes to the wall at Peanut's height. 


He watched me tape all the rolls on and then stood there staring at me. So I dropped a ball in to get him started. After that he was all in. 



It was hard to get any great pictures of Peanut in action because he's constantly moving all over the place. But he had a ball with this... hahaha get it?! 




Both Peanut and Monkey played with this activity all throughout the day. I left it out for them to use again but the next morning Peanut decided it would be more fun to pull the paper towel rolls off the wall and play with all the tape. But he's so cute, I don't mind. 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment