Monday, June 06, 2016

ABC Search and Find

After finishing our Roll and Dot the Number game last week, Monkey has been asking me for another bingo dauber game. This one involves recognizing and finding upper and lowercase letters. 

You can print the sheet off from this website: http://littlemissglamourgoestokindergarten.blogspot.ca/2012/10/abc-recognition.html?m=1

Supplies: ABC Hunt worksheet, bingo daubers, upper and lowercase letters


I used uppercase letters that I already had from the dollar store and lowercase letters from Monkey's spelling game. If you don't have letters, just cut up some squares of paper and write them on. 

I put the letters into a bowl and set the game up for Monkey. 


He is currently obsessed with the smokejumpers from Planes 2, so they played too. 

To play the game, Monkey would reach into the bowl and grab a letter. (Or one of the smokejumpers would.) Then he had to find and mark that letter on his sheet. 



I thought that this would be more of an independent activity for Monkey than it ended up being. I think the amount of letters on the page was a little overwhelming and he had trouble finding letters on his own. 


Once I sat down with him and we worked together to find the letters, he was more interested and excited about the game. 



There are too many letters on the page for Monkey to cover them all in one sitting. We've already played twice and I  think it will take us a few more to even come close to finishing the whole page. If I use this activity again I will make my own page, and I'll only put one upper and lowercase for each letter of the alphabet. This will allow the letters to be less crowded and hopefully easier to spot. 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment