Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sticky Hearts

The day has finally come. It's the first activity I'm writing about on the blog for Peanut! Monkey has gotten a lot of attention over the past year, but Peanut is ready to share the spotlight. 

This activity is in the spirit of Valentine's Day but can be adapted to almost anything! It is something I will do pretty regularly with Peanut using different objects. 

Supplies: contact paper, tape, foam hearts (or any object that will stick to the contact paper)


I cut out a strip of contact paper the width of the easel. I wanted Peanut to be standing at the easel because it's got that nice little tray that is perfect for holding the foam hearts and because he's working really hard at standing (he can almost do it by himself) so the more practice he can get, the better. 


Peanut was right beside me as I was setting up, obviously interested. He usually has to watch Monkey do activities from his high chair, or he naps right through them! 

I stuck one heart on to show him what to do and then he pulled himself up to try. 




So cute!!!

I had big plans to add another layer of contact paper and hang it in the window, but it turns out that Peanut just wants to pull the hearts off again (and place them neatly in the tray of the easel) and then put them back on again. Well that's just fine with me!

Mar 

2 comments:

  1. So cure! Great young toddler activity. Way to go little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cure! Great young toddler activity. Way to go little guy :)

    ReplyDelete