Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thanksgiving Handprint Cards

Today we made cute little handprint turkeys to send to some family and friends. You can never go wrong with a handprint, everybody loves them!


Supplies: paint, paintbrushes, paper or cardstock, markers, googly eyes, glue


We decided to make ten cards. I cut our white paper in half so it would go a bit farther - Monkey's hand is still small enough to fit on half, thank goodness!!


After getting set up, I started by painting Monkey's hand. I did the palm and thumb in brown for the body, neck, and head of the turkey. The four fingers were orange, yellow, brown, and green, because apparently that's what colour turkey feathers are?!? It looks cute and they're fall colours so I'm standing by it!


I will never get old of the way he giggles and says, "That tickles, that tickles!" when I'm painting his hand. 

Next we stamped it onto the page, trying to stay in the middle as much as possible. 


After repeating this ten times (a bit of an assembly line) we laid them out to dry. 


Later on in the afternoon when the paint was dry, we added the googly eyes and other details of the turkey with markers.

I wrote 'Happy Thanksgiving' and signed Monkey's name at the bottom. 


I know a few people who will get a special surprise in the mail next week!

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment