Friday, October 02, 2015

Cereal Name

Monkey knows his alphabet. We've been doing a lot of alphabet activities, books, videos, and puzzles over the past year. I want to start working on spelling and writing his name. 

I have seen this idea many times. I was reminded of it by one of the teachers I follow on Instagram, thekinderteacher. 

This is an activity that comes together fast because you likely have everything you need already and there is very little set up. 

Supplies: construction paper, glue, marker, cereal


This is a tricky activity for me to really share properly because I won't use or show Monkey's name. But I think you'll get the idea even if you don't get to see the end product. 

First, I wrote his name on the paper with the marker. I asked him to tell me the letters which he did with some prompting and clues from me. 

Monkey loves using the white glue so I thought he would want to go over the letters himself. For some reason he was being a bit nervous about it, so we squeezed the glue onto the first letter together. 

Then he started carefully putting on the cereal. As I suspected he wanted to eat it too :)


We did one letter at a time, glue then cereal, just to avoid making a sticky mess if we could. 


It turned out really cute and Monkey had a lot of fun, although that might have been the fact that he got to eat, too...

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment