Thursday, October 22, 2015

Chalk and Water Alphabet

Now that Monkey knows all his uppercase and most lowercase letters, I want him to start learning how to write them. He's not really ready for, or interested in, holding a pencil but there are tons of other ways to "write" letters that are appropriate for a three year old and fun, too. 

I got the idea here: http://pyjamaschool.co.uk/learning-letters/

Supplies: chalkboard, chalk, paintbrushes, water 


First, I wrote out the alphabet on the chalkboard.


Then Monkey used the paintbrushes and the water to trace over ("erase") the letters. 


I did have to remind him to trace over the lines and not just scribble all over but he got the hang of it. 


While he was painting each letter he would say, "goodbye!" or "see ya!". 

After finishing the alphabet, he asked to do his name. I gladly wiped off the board and wrote his name a few times for him to do, too. 

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment