Sunday, April 05, 2015

Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt

Happy Easter!!

Once again, my poor children growing up with a teacher mommy. I swear, I can't help it! 

This was the first year that the Easter Bunny visited the house for Monkey. We knew that he'd be getting lots of goodies from other family members so it was important to us that his Easter egg hunt was not all chocolate. I needed to find something that was small enough to fit inside the plastic Easter eggs and that was numerous enough to fill a decent number of them. I realized the foam alphabet letters we already had would be perfect (I got them at the dollar store). Monkey has been really excited about the alphabet for the past few weeks. I knew he'd love pulling the letters out of the plastic eggs. 


Since the letters were made of foam they squished into the plastic eggs very easily. 

How much fun is it to hide Easter eggs around your house?! 

Monkey was excited in the morning - like every other kid on the planet I'm sure! 


After he had all the eggs we sat at the coffee table to open them. A few weeks ago when he way playing with these letters he had a really hard time naming them if they were upside down or backwards. Today he knew almost every single letter as soon as he took it out! 


I already can't wait until next year!

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment