Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Colour Walk

This morning we had to deliver something to one of Monkey's friends who lives across the neighborhood from us. So we loaded up the stroller, Jaden got on his strider, and I grabbed the clipboard with this colour walk activity. 

I first saw the idea on Instagram (@ourkindergardenfamily), then found a free recording sheet here: http://buggyandbuddy.com/printable-scavenger-hunt-for-kids-go-on-a-color-walk/

Supplies: colour walk recording sheet, pencil, clipboard (optional)


Monkey knows his colours, so for him this activity was more about observing the world around him as opposed to colour recognition. 

Of course we quickly started finding many things that we could list on our page. We took pictures of some, and I wrote down as many as I could on our sheet. 






By the time we had walked to Monkey's friends' house and back home, we had quite a list on our page! 


Since I can't help myself, I say Monkey down when we got home and we had a quick look at the sheet. I read him all the things we had listed, then we counted how many for each colour and talked about which had the most, least, etc. A little bit of learning and a lot of exercise is a great morning in my world :)

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment