Monday, March 21, 2016

Pom Pom Painting

Now that St. Patrick's Day has passed, we have a quick turn around to Easter this weekend! With no time to waste, we got started on some Easter art today. 


Supplies: paint, paper with Easter egg outline, paint tray, clothes pins, pom poms


To get this art set up for Monkey, I poured the paint into the tray and attached a clothespin to each pom pom. 


I just happened to have pom poms that matched the paint colours! 

I gave Monkey more direction than usual for this art. I wanted him to do stripes on the eggs like a typical Easter egg would have, so I showed him the picture from the blog where I saw the activity. 

Then he got to work. 


Monkey thought this was a lot of fun. 


I love how he uses both his hands for this. He does tend to use his right more often but when it comes to this sort of thing the skill level is probably about the same, so he uses his left also. 


Monkey finished all six eggs and probably would have kept going if I had more. 


Once they dried, I cut them out. 


I think they look so great, and so does Monkey! I love the effect of the pom poms and I'm so glad we used the neon paint, too. So bright and fun for spring!

Happy Easter!

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment