Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Eggs Exercise

Even though spring is just around the corner, we're in that hard part of the year where it feels like winter has been dragging on. When there's lots of snow it's easy to get outside with Monkey, but now the snow is mostly gone and it's been raining a lot. It can be tough to burn enough of Monkey's energy every day without going outside, so I have to do what I can to get some of that energy out inside. 

If you haven't visited No Time for Flash Cards, I highly recommend it. There are hundreds of awesome ideas. 

Supplies: Easter eggs, paper, markers


First, I wrote down an easy exercise on a piece of paper for each of the eggs. We just happened to have these awesome sports eggs but any would work!


I purposely did all different numbers for the exercises so that Monkey could work on his number recognition, too. 

I put one paper in each egg and hid them around our main floor while Monkey was playing upstairs. 

Monkey came down and I told him I had a special Easter egg hunt for him. He started looking right away! We had to convince him to only grab one at a time so that we could focus on one egg and one exercise. 


Monkey opened the eggs and his daddy read out the instructions, having Monkey help with the numbers. Then we all did the exercise together. 

We taught Monkey how to do a push up! 


I also caught him doing some toe touches. All the other exercises were too speedy for me to catch on my camera! 


Happy Easter! 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment