Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Painting on a Swing

This morning we woke up to another beautiful day! It makes it easy to get outside when the weather is so perfect. Instead of being stuck inside doing art, in the summer it's fun for everyone to do it outside. I've been wanting to try this painting activity for a while now, but we don't have a swing set at home and I was always hesitant to bring all my supplies to the neighborhood park. But here at the cottage we have some wonderful neighbors with a swing set :)

I saw the idea here first: http://homegrownfriends.com/home/swing-painting-process-art/

Supplies: paint, paintbrushes, cardboard, swing set


Monkey chose his colours and helped me squeeze the paint out onto the piece of wood we were using as a paint tray. Then I had him lie on the swing on his belly and practice what to do - basically he had to get himself swinging and then focus on painting as he went back and forth. 


After he felt comfortable, I set the paint up next to him and he started to paint. 


It took a lot of concentration but Monkey figured it out and had a lot of fun.


I had to hold all the paintbrushes because there wasn't anywhere to put them outside. Monkey had to stop whenever he changed colours anyway, so it didn't really interrupt his work. 



After a while Monkey started to really get the hang of it, and figured out that he could swing farther forward if he lifted his knees and feet. 


Then he got really brave and wanted to try swinging with a paintbrush in each hand! 


This turned out to be a wonderful experience for Monkey, and I love the way the art looks, too. 


Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment