Monday, August 15, 2016

Cutting Practice 3 (Fruits & Veggies Rainbow)

Monkey, Peanut, and I had some friends up to the cottage and I knew this activity would work really well for a group of kids. It ended up being a wonderful collaborative art piece in addition to a cutting practice activity for Monkey. 

Supplies: grocery store flyers, scissors, glue, butcher paper, markers

 
First I rolled out a large piece of butcher paper and taped it to the table. 


Next I used the markers to draw a large rainbow on the paper, leaving a few inches in between each colour. 

I asked the kids to cut out pictures of healthy foods and glue them into the matching section of the rainbow.

The other kids working with us today are a few years older than Monkey so they didn't need any help from me. I sat with Monkey to help him hold the paper while he cut. 



We had a little glue stick that was perfect for Monkey to use by himself. 


The rainbow started to come together really quickly with three friends working on it. 


Monkey's scissor skills have improved so much in the past six months. He's so proud of himself!


It was pretty easy to fill the rainbow with colourful fruits and vegetables. We couldn't find enough orange pictures to fill the section so Monkey and I will have to grab some more flyers and finish the next time we're at the cottage. 

Here's what the finished rainbow looks like:


I love this sooooo much! I can't wait to do a really big one with my Kinders. 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment