Monday, May 02, 2016

Life-Sized Boy

This afternoon we did a fun science related activity. It didn't take long and had Monkey laughing like crazy!

Supplies: butcher paper, markers, glue, body part labels


I had printed the name of the different body parts earlier and cut them out. 

Monkey helped me roll out the butcher paper and tape it to the floor, enough so that he could lie down on his back on the paper. 


After the paper was taped down, Monkey laid down on top and I traced his body. I couldn't take any pictures because I needed both hands!! He was laughing so hard at the feeling of the marker tracing around his body. I had to hold him down a lot because he was giggling and squirming! 

Eventually we got a good (enough) outline of his body. 


The next thing we worked on was his face and head. I knew Monkey would not have the attention span to colour his whole body so we only drew his hair, ears, eyes, nose, and mouth. 


It looks like Monkey has inherited my amazing drawing skills (hahaha), so trust me when I say you don't need to see a close up of the face we drew. 

I gave Monkey the glue stick and I grabbed the body part labels. I had Monkey help me read some of the words, or at least guess what body part it was from the first letter. After he knew what the word was, I had him point to that part of his own body, and then we glued the label onto the picture. He knew most, but not all of them. 


I chose pretty basic body parts and only did ten all together. 


It may not be pretty, but it was fun!

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment