Friday, April 01, 2016

Cutting Practice 2

Ever since Monkey did his first cutting practice activity, he asks to use his scissors anytime he sees me cutting something. Today I have him a bin with some craft foam which is really easy to cut and a perfect medium to practice his scissor skills!

Supplies: kid friendly scissors, craft foam 


After a reminder of how to hold his scissors, Monkey got to work. 


This is a fairly independent activity. Monkey doesn't need me the whole time but I try to check in every few minutes to see if he's holding the scissors properly. Sometimes he'll call me over if he's getting frustrated. 


Today, Monkey's dad helped, too. 


I'll leave this bin of craft foam and scissors where Monkey can take it to practice whenever he wants over the next few days (supervised, of course). 

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment