Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Number Colour Match Christmas Tree

I'm excited to share this activity. It was easy to get ready and Monkey loved it!

Instead of doing letters, I did numbers because that's what I'm working on within Monkey right now. This would also work with shapes, words, anything really!

Supplies: paper or cardstock, bingo daubers, pencil


Last night, I printed an outline of a Christmas tree onto a piece of cardstock, because I'm a perfectionist and I didn't want to draw one poorly. 

Then I put some numbers inside the tree. I put mostly 1's which would be green and take up most of the tree, and added 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's, which would be the decorations, so I didn't put as many. 


Next, I made a code for Monkey so he would know what colour to use on each number. 


I set it up today for Monkey. 


After we talked about what to do, he got started. He sure loves his bingo daubers. 


If it were me, I'd do all of one colour, then all of another colour, and so on. But Monkey changed colours as much as he could. 


Monkey asked me to add a star at the top of the tree and he coloured the trunk on his own. 


I just loooooove how this turned out. It was easy to get ready and easy for Monkey to do by himself. There are so many different pictures you could do, too. 

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment