Monday, November 09, 2015

Egg Carton Lobster

I've had my eye on this lobster craft for a few months but I kept forgetting to save an egg carton! I finally remembered to keep one so today we did our second last sea creature for our ocean mural. 


Supplies: egg carton, red construction paper, red paint, paint brush, red pipe cleaner, googly eyes, glue


First I cut a section of three bumps from the egg carton for the lobster's body. 


Then I got Monkey set up with the lobster body and the red paint. 


He started painting and after a few minutes asked if I would help. 



Once the body was completely covered in red we left it to dry.

I got to work cutting out the claws and tail from the red construction paper. 


I drew them both first, a whole claw with the paper folded to get two, and half the tail with the paper folded so it would be symmetrical. 


Once the paint on the body was dry, I poked two holes on top for the antennas. Then Monkey helped me glue the eyes, claws, and tail on, and put in the antennas. 




I love this one. Now all we have left for our underwater mural is a... shark!!!

Mar 

No comments:

Post a Comment