Monday, September 14, 2015

Painting with Bubble Wrap

Okay, so sadly the summer is over and we are finally back into a schedule over here. Time to do some art!

I'm always looking for some art activities that might catch Monkey's interest for longer than a few minutes. His attention span can be super long when he's playing with his cars and trucks, which is great, but it seems to be so short for activities like coloring or making a craft. So when I saw this painting activity using bubble wrap on your feet I figured it was worth a try. 


Supplies: bubble wrap, tape, paint, paint brushes, paper


To get started, I rolled out a long strip of paper and taped it to the floor using painter's tape. Then I laid a tablecloth next to it. 

I taped the bubble wrap to Monkey's feet while he sat on the table cloth. 


I'm not sure where we got green bubble wrap but I like it!

Monkey had picked out two colours of paint. I painted them onto the bottom of his feet. He wanted to help do it but it was too hard to do without making a huge mess.


He laughed a lot when I was painting his feet, so ticklish!

I picked him up and stood him up on the paper. Then he started walking back and forth. 


I think he liked it, he was trying to watch a little bit behind himself to see what was happening. 


Once it seemed like his feet weren't leaving paint behind anymore I would help him sit back down and paint his feet again. He did it five times, which was less than I thought he would but he did tell me he thought it looked cool! 


I do too!! 

I've put it up on the wall and I think next week we'll add some new colors to fill it in a bit more. 

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment