Thursday, September 24, 2015

Glow Stick Bath

I know I've said it before but it bears repeating: kids love playing with water! And there is certainly nowhere easier than in the bathtub. (Okay, outside is a winner too..) 

We do this activity about once a month for bath. It's Monkey's favourite special bath, hands down! 

Supplies: glow sticks


I got these glow sticks at the dollar store. The eight smaller ones came in one package and the large tri-colour one was separate. They have a huge selection of glow sticks at both of the dollar stores I go to so I try to buy Monkey all different ones to try out. 

First you break the glow sticks. Depending on the age of your child and how easy the glow sticks are to break, let them help! Monkey can break the smaller, thinner ones. 


Then it's bath time! Fill up your tub and throw in the glow sticks. 


Then turn off the lights!


We usually use around 8-10 glow sticks. I find it lights up the room enough once you shut the door so that you can still see each other's faces and the bath tub enough to be safe. 


Monkey never uses any other toys in his glow stick bath, he has too much fun playing with the glow sticks. 

Today he started making letters with the glow sticks. All on his own, I swear! He even asked if we could make letters on the floor after bath was over. Um, yes!!!


After a glow stick bath we always put the glow sticks in Monkey's room for the night. I wish they lasted longer than a day but it's a fun treat to have every once in a while. 

Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment