Monday, April 27, 2015

Painting with Golf Balls

So this is an art activity that I've only ever done with marbles in the past. I was sure I had marbles somewhere but I couldn't find them anywhere. I found some golf balls in my husband's golf bag and I knew they'd be better for Monkey right now... We still have to watch him closely because he still wants to put random stuff in his mouth. Will he ever grow out of it?

Supplies: golf balls, paper, tape, bucket (or a cardboard box), paint


Before we started with any paint, I had Monkey practice rolling the golf balls around in the bucket. While he was doing that I noticed that the paper was moving around a lot too so I taped it down inside the bucket. 


Next, we added the drops of paint. Monkey told me where to put each colour and helped squeeze the bottles. One day I'll let him do this part all by himself... I swear... maybe... 


Then Monkey threw the golf balls into the bucket and started painting!



This was hands down the longest Monkey has ever been engaged in an art activity with me. We even added a second drop of each colour of paint so he could keep going. 

Here is his masterpiece:


Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment